- Promote the development of talented young climbers through regular climbing sessions in a supportive, fun, friendly and structured way.
- Achieve podium places in local, regional and national competitions.
- Support squad members to develop in all climbing disciplines both indoor and outdoor.
- Promote the ethos of climbing and The Lakeland Climbing Centre within the local community.
- Promote our partnership with Scarpa.
The VauxSquad has availability for 12 members age 10-17
VauxSquad Training sessions will run 3 times a week giving 8 hours of coaching per week.
VauxSquad members will also be expected to train on one additional day per week.
Consultant Coach: Catalyst Climbing
Head Coaches: Ashley Zee and Jack Appleby
Coaching Team: Louis Parkinson, Jack Appleby, Ashley Zee, Eamonn O’Connor, Erin Solomons, Paul Cottee, Tomasz Frankowski & Guest Coaches
Benefits of VauxSquad
Structured personalised training delivered by experienced coaches.
Unlimited entry to VauxWall following an assessment of competence and parental consent (under 14’s must be supervised at all times).
Discounted 1:1 coaching sessions outside of squad training.
Physio & Injury prevention screening.
VauxSquad uniform and Scarpa Shoes (following a 1 month probation period).
Discounted trips to other centres for training and competitions, UK and international outdoor trips.
Age 10 – 18. Must meet minimum age on the selection date.
There will be a written agreement between the junior, Parent or Legal Guardian & the VauxWall Centre Manager to ensure all parties understand the commitment and ethos of the VauxSquad.
Selection is open to any young climbers with a minimum of 3 months climbing experience. A selection event will be held every academic year.
Current VauxSquad members will be expected to attend each selection event. Their place is the new Squad is not guaranteed.
Climbing experience for aspirant VauxSquad members can be gained in our Junior Clubs.
The next selection opportunity is on Sunday 7th July 2019 at VauxEast for a September start. Booking below: